Exclusive opportunity with top 10 pharmaceutical company for a Team Leader / Associate Director to leafed a small team of Post doc scientists using AI and ML techniques in the area of drug discovery. This organisation is keen to appoint an Associate Director or Director level expert in machine learning for their quantitative biology group. This position will work across a number of therapeutic areas, within a team supporting projects in the drug discovery pipeline from target discovery all the way to clinical trials You will lead a small team of data scientists with the purpose of providing quantitative insights to biology. You should be passionate about improving the biological understanding of targets and its engagement, and providing image and data analysis solutions to high dimensional datasets.
* Overseeing a team of data scientists and refining the departmental strategy for using machine learning to transform drug discovery
* Using machine learning and statistical modelling, you will collaborate on drug discovery projects, therapeutic areas and platform teams to identify and deliver solutions for addressing key questions across drug discovery
* Developing appropriate algorithms, techniques and datasets to answer defined biological questions
* Establishing academic collaborations to access and drive the forefronts machine learning science
* PhD, or equivalent, in mathematics, computer science, statistics, engineering or the life sciences
* Experience in leading a small team and overseeing project delivery
* Expertise in one or more of the core machine learning areas such as: ANNs, SVMs, Bayesian approaches, Markov models, Gaussian processes, reinforcement learning, game theory, decision theory, probabilistic rule-based learning.
* Experience with relevant software tools such as R and Python as well as relevant machine learning frameworks
* Basic understanding of molecular biology, cell biology, and human physiology
* Excellent communication skills in English, spoken and in writing
This is a fantastic chance to continue your career in an organisation known for their innovative research and progression opportunities. You will be joining a talented and supportive team with expert skills in machine learning and data science. On offer is a highly competitive package including Generous Salary, Substantial Pension, Bonus, Extensive Holidays, Career Development.
For a confidential discussion about this role or to apply, please contact Eugene Mc Daid on +44 121 616 3475 or email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Science, Preclinical, Deep Learning, Machine Learning, Quantitative Biology, RNAseq, DNAseq, Pharmaceutical, Sweden, Gothenburg, Drug Discovery, Target Discovery,
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: EM/GT/AD/AI/ML_1542647531
Broadcast As: 117
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Eugene McDaid