Sourcing Manager for Research & Development
As the Sourcing Manager for Research & Development (R&D) PD, you are part of Global Procurement in the Region Europe organization. You will be providing day-to-day indirect procurement sourcing activities and business-led buying activities ensuring maximum possible Global Procurement impact. The position is located in Welwyn, United Kingdom.
As the Sourcing Manager for R&D PD, Region Europe, you are a member of the regional sourcing team. You are responsible for ensuring all operational R&D PD sourcing requests are executed in line with the category buying guides and content, and in compliance with relevant policies, standards, guidelines, and operating procedures, including preferred supplier arrangements and contracts. The Sourcing Manager works with Procurement and Business stakeholders to understand requirements and execute the relevant sourcing process by applying appropriate methodologies and tools.
You have a deep knowledge of eSourcing tools and the overall sourcing process and methodology, such as documenting requirements, conducting analysis and negotiations, and communicating with stakeholders and suppliers. The role has a strong understanding of internal R&D PD Operational stakeholder functions and spend characteristics, and effectively translates business needs into sourcing requirements.
By efficiently and effectively executing the operational sourcing process end-to-end, the Sourcing Manager for R&D PD Operations ensures that end user demand and expectations are satisfied. In addition to providing high levels of internal customer service, the role also contributes to overall savings opportunity identification and delivery.
· Perform operational sourcing activities by executing operational sourcing requests within the region or large site ensuring a focus on efficiency and the quality of customer service.
· Understand end user requirements and leverage the applicable category buying guides and sourcing knowledge to determine the best method for driving value in meeting the requirement.
· Support the creation and review of relevant purchasing documents and communicate the status, progress, and outcomes of sourcing activities.
· Responsible for maintaining strong information flows back to the global Category team for opportunities to aggregate demand and generate additional leverage.
· Application of the sourcing process (RfIs, RfQs, RfPs) for the delivery of operational sourcing activity, including the application of eSourcing tools. Support the implementation of new processes, policies, and technologies.
· Collaborate with the requisition to pay (R2P) Procurement team to ensure that the requisitioning component of the procurement process is delivered.
· Execute escalated sourcing requests from site-based Procurement and provide a support role for site-based or regional Procurement as required.
· Ensure that Procurement operational targets and metrics on customer service are delivered. Track and monitor these metrics where required.
· University degree, with business related degree preferable.
· Operational procurement experience with experience in basic contracting, eSourcing and spot buying.
· Experience or demonstrated understanding in supporting cost reduction and value improvement programs.
· Good communication skills and demonstrated understanding of translating business requirements into procurement specifications with customer service in mind.
· Knowledgeable in systems and processes for efficient management of contract documentation, templates and processing tools (e.g. eSourcing, eAuction).
· Professional purchasing (e.g. CIPS, ISM) or Finance related licenses or certifications is desired.
· Experience with enterprise systems and procure to-pay tools and eSourcing tools is desired.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: email@example.com
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out about the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: SD?SM/RD/WGC_1591090102
Broadcast As: 155248
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Contract
Job Industry: Pharmaceutical
Job Specialism: Health Economics
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Dreier