Senior Software Programmer (Bioinformatics)
New opportunity for a Senior Software Programmer to join an extremely exciting biotech company, based in Cambridge. Based upon ground breaking research, this project represents a paradigm shift in human biology and is looking to create opportunities for the diagnosis of a wide range of diseases/infections, autoimmune disorders and cancer!
Working as part of a growing technical team, the successful Senior Software Programmer is expected to use their proven background in Bioinformatics Software Development/DevOps, to help design & develop the informatics infrastructure.
Responsibilities of the Senior Software Programmer:
– Design/Develop Informatics Infrastructure
– Implement Pipelines into a Cloud Computing Environment
– Optimise production pipelines.
– Evaluate & Implement new tools and technologies.
– PhD or Masters in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or equivalent experience
– Demonstrable experience of working in a production informatics environment
– Proven experience in Python
– Experience with software development best practices, (version control and testing)
– Fluency in Linux
– DevOps / SysAdmin experience
– Experience with pipelining analyses on high-performance compute: farms, clusters, or cloud
– Experience in Bioinformatics or background in biological sciences
– Familiarity with Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins/Travis)
– Knowledge of Ansible or other automation tools such as Chef/Puppet
– Experience with AWS cloud computing
This is a unique opportunity for someone to join a company who have received major, multi-year investment to discover biomarkers,targets and medicines. You can expect a very competitive salary and benefits package!
DevOps, DevOps Engineer, DevOps Jobs, DevOps Developer, System, Administration, Ansaible, Jenkins, Travis, Cloud, HPC, High Performance Computing, Python, Programmer, Senior Programmer, Bioinformatics, Bioinformatician, Administrator, Sys Admin, System Administration, System Administrator, Linux System Admin, Linux System Administration, Linux System Administrator, Software, Software Developer, Software Engineer, Software Programming, Operations, Development, AWS, Cloud, Linux, Linux Systems, Git, Jira, Continuous, Agile, Docker, Bioinformatics, Bioinformatics jobs, jobs in science, life science jobs, life science software, software IT Jobs, IT jobs, System Admin Jobs, Cambridge, Biotech, Biotechnology.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: MSSWD_1552669306
Broadcast As: 3048
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Jack Lacy