A growing scientific publishing company in London has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Scientific Editor to join their Medicine Research journal as Senior Deputy Managing Editor.
Reporting into the Managing Editor, the Deputy Managing Editor will direct and oversee the editing and publication of their Medicine Research journal.
The Deputy Managing Editor will be:
– leading a team of first and/or final readers and Deputy Managing Editors. This will include evaluating the output, providing feedback and preparing progress reports.
– Performing first/ second edit of articles ensuring the production of well written and consistent articles.
– Ensuring team members are adequately trained, mentored and coached to the required standard.
– Checking factual content and where necessary raising queries with the Managing Editor.
– Confirming potential problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation and alerting the Senior Executive Editor.
– Acting as final arbiter of production values for the journal including overseeing consistency with the in-house style.
To be considered for this fantastic editorial role you should have a BSc in biological/ biomedical sciences and have previous scientific/ medical publishing experience.
If successful, you will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits package including pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 35 hour working week, flexi-hours, cycle to work scheme and weekly fresh fruits. They also offer one day a week working from home (after probation).
Keywords: senior editorial assistant, editorial, editor, editorial manager, medical editor, scientific editor, senior editor, London, scientific, biomedical, publishing, copyeditor, proofreader, editing.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: JG/ SDME_1562680256
Broadcast As: 542
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Healthcare Communications
Job Specialism: Medical Communications
Recruitment Consultant: Jessica Guyon