Research Associate – Phage Selections- Cambridge
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Research Associate and a Senior Research Associate to join a leading and expanding life sciences company based in Cambridge. As an organisation they are developing a cutting-edge technology for a strong therapeutic product pipeline within oncology and inflammatory diseases.
You will join the Discovery Team and you will be responsible for carrying out new phage display selections, screening and characterisation of outputs in order to identify lead therapeutic candidates. Training and support will be provided by our experienced scientists, so this could be an excellent role for you if you are at an early stage in your scientific career.
*Designing and performing target antigen quality control
*Design and generate random and/or rationally designed DNA display libraries for both naïve and affinity maturation.
*Execute manual or automated phage display panning against protein targets
*Characterize binding of phage candidates hits via SPR/BLI (Biacore or Octet), ELISA and cell-based assays.
*Sequence phage candidates and sub-clone into the appropriate protein expression system for small scale production and purification and further characterisation.
*Carry out affinity maturation library build and selections.
*Maintain a current and accurate laboratory record (lab notebook) of all activities
*There will also be opportunities to be involved in technology and process development
* A BSc or MSc in biology/biochemistry/molecular biology/biotechnology
* Previous practical experience of working in a laboratory
Experience of some of the following:
* A good level of lab-based competency in molecular biology, manipulating DNA and/or creating expression constructs
* A good understanding of characterising protein-protein interactions by ELISA (experience of HTRF, cell binding assays and SPR/BLI would be a particular advantage)
* Experience of recombinant E.coli expression systems, protein purification and characterisation
* Experience of various in vitro display selection strategies
* Experience of working in the field of drug discovery
* Antibody or scaffold protein engineering
This is a superb opportunity to join a leading therapeutics company and in return they are offering a competitive salary and benefits package. For further information on this fantastic opportunity please contact myself, Lauren Gripton, at Paramount Recruitment, on email@example.com.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: Lg4354354345_1545037213
Broadcast As: 196
Salary Currency: GBP
Salary per: Annum
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Biotech
Job Specialism: Science R and D
Recruitment Consultant: Lauren Gripton