Principal Scientist – Human Genetic Discovery – Germany
One of the global top 20 pharmaceutical companies is looking for a principal scientist for their human genetics team. The successful candidate is expected to have aspiration to advance their knowledge and understanding in statistical genetics, genomics or data science.
This role will be a cornerstone of the companies emerging human genetics team with unique access to human genetics data modalities and functional genomics support to validate your research. You will be part of a developing and exciting multi-disciplinary research department and encouraged to contribute to shaping our concepts on the analysis of large-scale human genetic data with the goal of providing novel disease insight.
The aim of this job will be to explore the MoA associated with disease related genetic variants, either at molecular level through QTLs or at outcome level, and the identification of biomarker classes through innovative computational methods to analyse and integrate multi scale omics data.
You will lead translational research efforts to uncover biomarkers of disease heterogeneity and cohort stratification. Further complement these findings with disease understanding through advanced statistical analysis/association of genetic/genomic multivariate datasets
Tasks & responsibilities
– Prototype workflows as needed for relevant data-types.
– Work closely within the genetics team to develop classification tools for complex data patterns for intuitive patient stratification.Work in in a fast-paced changing environment interacting with data scientists, external partners and wetlab scientists to integrate novel findings for new target identification and prioritisation of our portfolio.
– Interact with vendors to develop production versions.
– Communicate clearly and effectively in verbal, visual, and written form to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
– PhD in Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Statistics or related fields.
– Three or more years of experience in the Pharmaceuticals sector and versed in state-of-the-art biomarker technologies/omics platforms.
– Experience in integrating and analysing large-scale patient “omics” data sets to identify new indications, endpoints, and responsive patient sub-populations. Experiences with single cell protocols and workflows is a plus.
– Demonstrated experience in biomarker subject matter and preferred experience in clinical drug development is beneficial, including basic or advanced understanding of critical development functions.
– Ability to translate biological and medical questions into analytical models providing actionable results working within a Cross-functional team. the biologic interpretation of human genetic data.
– Extensive background in statistical computing or bioinformatics, with experience in relevant programming languages (e.g. R, Python).
– Strong written and oral communication skills, self-motivation, independence and leadership.
Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is turning data into insights for the discovery and evaluation of new therapeutic concepts in Discovery Research. Working across the Innovation Unit, gCBDS is pioneering the applications of emerging digital technologies in order to enable discovery and development of new medicines driven by data and digital tools.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits, including a car, holidays, life insurance, an attractive pension scheme and annually paid bonus. In addition to this package, the company will also support you in the case of relocation, to make the start into your new role as comfortable as possible.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: email@example.com
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: SD/PS/Gen/LM_1592232907
Broadcast As: 155248
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Dreier