Principal Scientist Bioinformatics – Genetics Based Drug Hunter – Germany
A major pharmaceutical company, located in Germany is looking for a scientist with an aspiration to advance their knowledge and understanding in statistical genetics, genomics or data science. This role will be a cornerstone of their emerging human genetics team with unique access to human genetics data modalities and functional genomics support to validate your research. The aim of this position is to lead the exploration of population level genomics analysis and bridging the connection with human disease, as well as to develop and refine approaches to acquire and ingest and harmonise genomic data assets and link them to deep phenotype data.
You will be part of a developing and exciting multi-disciplinary research department and encouraged to contribute to shaping our concepts on the analysis of large-scale human genetic data with the goal of providing novel disease insight.
It will be your task to prototype workflows/pipelines with self-contained environments for production, leveraging high-dimensional data through the application of advanced statistics and machine learning methodology, as well as explore, test and develop numerical methods and assess their suitability in disease genomics.
Further responsibilities includes the development of methods for intuitive patient stratification within the genetics team, collaboration with colleagues to bring forward New Therapeutic Concepts and provide in silico validation for ongoing projects and to communicate clearly and effectively in verbal, visual, and written form to stakeholders with varying levels of technical knowledge.
– PhD in Statistical Genetics, Bioinformatics, Genetic Epidemiology, Computational Biology, Statistics, Computer Science or related fields.
– Rich experiences in statistic genetics workflows and practices, example include analysing individual level data via WGS, WES, GWAS, as well summary statistic data.
– Preferred three or more years of experience and versed in the management/handling/analysis of large human cohort data from case-control studies or biobanks.
– Extensive knowledge of best practices in QC, numerical cross validation, and rich experience with the tool chains for large scale genetic analyses.
– Experience in design and implementation of statistical models for production. Apply methods to large-scale genomic studies.
– Ability to engage biological/medical questions into analytical models and providing actionable results working within a Cross-functional team.
– Extensive background in statistical computing, with experience in relevant programming languages (e.g. R, Python). Expertise in developing bespoke analysis packages/tools preferred.
– Strong written and oral communication skills, self-motivation, independence and leadership.
Global Computational Biology and Digital Sciences is turning data into insights for the discovery and evaluation of new therapeutic concepts in Discovery Research. Working across the Innovation Unit, gCBDS is pioneering the applications of emerging digital technologies in order to enable discovery and development of new medicines driven by data and digital tools.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits, including a car, holidays, life insurance, an attractive pension scheme and annually paid bonus. In addition to this package, the company will also support you in the case of relocation, to make the start into your new role as comfortable as possible.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: SD/PS/DH/LM_1601538221
Broadcast As: 155248
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Dreier