Medical Computer Scientist- Germany
Computer Scientist – Data – Database – Medical Research – Hamburg
A global oncology company for personalised medicine is looking for a Medical Computer Scientist. The successful candidate will be part of a team that uses the analysis of multiple data types to advance the understanding of molecular and epidemiological characteristics of cancer. They will work on joint initiatives, but will also be responsible for the implementation of their own projects.
Skills and abilities
* Requirement analysis, conception, design, and implementation of interfaces between hospital information systems and medical research databases.
* Integration and normalisation of electronic medical data from distributed sources in an international context.
* Development of data models and database tables for clinical data capture.
* Operational implementation of electronic case report forms (eCRF) as well as contribution to their further development.
* Conversion and migration of existing data volumes.
* Implementation of new data protection requirements on a database level.
* Implementation of backup concepts and data life cycle management.
* Degree in medical computer science or equivalent, with or without professional experience with medical information systems.
* Knowledge of standards in medical informatics (HL7, DICOM, FHIR, openEHR).
* Knowledge of medical terminologies and basic medical knowledge.
* Experience with, consent management systems, and data protection rules.
* Experience or interest in cloud concepts for large-scale data storage.
* Experience or interest in data integration, data warehousing, and ETL processes on clinical data.
* Very good knowledge of the English language.
* Experience with interdisciplinary teams and a high sense of responsibility.
The companies service and product range offers translational and clinical research, as well as molecular diagnostics tailored to the customer’s needs. The flat organisational structure allows for quick decisions to be made and also offers the chance for creative freedom.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits, such as continuous training, sports memberships, flexible working hours and an attractive pension scheme.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: email@example.com
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out the latest opportunities.
Computer Science, Medical Research, Oncology, Database, Data, Programming, Data Integration, Medical Informatics
Job Reference: SD/MCS/HB_1582548462
Broadcast As: 155248
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Specialism: Data Science
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Dreier