A leading scientific publishing company is looking for a Managing Editor to join their team in London to direct and oversee the editing and publication of their biomedical journal. T
This role is suited to an experienced Managing Editor looking for a new challenge or a Scientific Copyeditor / Editor with one years plus experience ready to take a step up.
Reporting into the Deputy Editor in Chief, you will be responsible for the day to day handling of the journal, including:
– leading a team of Deputy Managing Editors and Scientific Editors, providing feedback on this output and dealing with productivity issues.
– ensuring new and existing team members are adequately trained, mentored and coached to an acceptable standard.
– evaluating team performance, monitoring attendance/ absence, delivering one-to-one meetings to provide support.
– performing first/second edit of articles, ensuring the production of well written, consistent and factually correct papers.
– confirming any statistical issues for correction by the authors.
– confirming potential problems with the manuscript (plagiarism, animal ethics, figure manipulation etc.) and alerting the Senior Executive Editor or Deputy Editor in Chief to potential issues.
If successful, you will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits package including pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 35 hour working week, flexi-hours, cycle to work scheme and weekly fresh fruits. They also offer one day a week working from home (after probation).
Keywords: managing editor, editorial editor, editorial manager, medical editor, scientific editor, senior editor, London, scientific, biomedical, publishing, copyeditor, proofreader, editing.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: JG/ME-L_1559743231
Broadcast As: 542
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Healthcare Communications
Job Specialism: Editorial
Recruitment Consultant: Jessica Guyon