Health Economist – Health Chartity organisation
Fantastic chance to join a leading independent patient centred and clinically led organisation!
This organisation is instrumental in driving the improvement of diagnosis of disease, care of patients and health of the UK population.
In this health economist role you will be responsible for –
You will be responsible for providing health economic input for the development of NICE clinical guidelines.
* The main tasks are to
– Design and build health economic decision models.
– Critically appraise published health economic evaluations
– Present the above to the guideline committees (comprising of leading clinicians and patient members) and work with them to develop cost effective recommendations for the NHS
* For each guideline that you are assigned to, you will be working closely with the Chair and Clinical lead. You will be part of a technical team comprising of guideline lead, project manager, information scientist, systematic reviewers and health economist. You will be trained and supported by a senior health economist.
* You will also contribute more generally as part of the health economics team to the work of the Centre and to the development of health economic methodologies.
This post is 12 months fixed- term in the first instance, subject to passing probation. However, it is likely you would be subsequently transferred to a permanent contract when funding allows. The role provides opportunities for continuing professional and personal development in a supportive and collaborative environment. This post represents a first step in a development pathway, whereby the candidate will progress to a senior health economist post, as their competencies develop.
To be considered you will need the following experience and skills –
*Masters in Health Economics; or Masters in a related discipline (such as Health Services Research, Public Health or Operational Research) with a significant Health Economic evaluation component; or equivalent experience
*Knowledge of decision analytic modelling of healthcare interventions and ability to build decision models in either Excel or TreeAge
*Knowledge of cost-effectiveness analysis and cost-utility analysis
*Knowledge of epidemiology and clinical research methods
*Ability to analyse complex problems, preferably in a health services context
*Paying close attention to detail in your work
*Systematically prioritising tasks to ensure that objectives of the highest importance are delivered first. Proven time management skills by working to tight deadlines.
*Identifies the purpose of a given communication and adjusts the communication medium and style to the audience.
*Ability to work on own initiative, without supervision on a day-to-day basis
*Working collaboratively on projects o Taking steps to establish and develop effective relationships.
*Sharing information and learning towards the common aim
*Acting with sensitivity in situations where there are different viewpoints that must be respected to make progress.
*Welcoming and acting upon constructive feedback.
*Adapting to new ways of working positively and effectively. Willingness to learn new skills and work in a changing environment
*Ability to enthuse with a wide range of people, including senior healthcare professionals, about the value of health economics
*Good presentation skills
*Excellent written English
This a fantastic opportunity to join a leading charity organisation as a health economist. To find out more please submit your CV online today!
Job Reference: HE4326_1605093685
Broadcast As: 30032
Salary Currency: GBP
Salary From: 30000
Salary To: 36000
Salary per: Annum
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Healthcare Communications
Job Specialism: Health Economics
Recruitment Consultant: Richard Maxwell