Group Leader – Bioinformatics & Lab Automation
A great new opportunity has just become available for a talented Group Leader to join a rapidly growing Biotech company in Oxford. The successful Group Leader will be involved in a wide range of activities, from overseeing internal platform development & commercial projects across the Informatics & Automation team.
The overall aim for the Group Leader will be to increase the process robustness, capacity and enable intelligent experimental design. You’ll be expected to use your experience in the implementation or development of LIMS systems and provide technical leadership in key areas of the business (Viral Engineering, Cell Line Development and CRISPR.
Responsibilities for the successful Group Leader:
– Management of activities within the Informatics & Automation Team
– Direct responsibility for managing the LIMS System development and implementing biological data management/handling strategies.
– Collaborate closely with internal/external stakeholders to define project goals and deliverables.
– BSc/MSc/MEng/Ph.D/DPhil in relevant area + a minimum of 5 years experience in an industry setting.
– Demonstrable experience with managing/deploying informatics projects and platforms (Either within Biotech/Pharmaceutical setting)
– Previous experience and use of sampling management/tracking through LIMS
– Proven experience managing small teams, both direct and matrix style.
– Advanced knowledge of biological processes/workflows using liquid handling platforms (Hamilton systems a bonus).
– Strong network within relevant academic/industry groups.
– An understanding of Bioinformatic process/platforms, including open-source and commonly used software packages.
This is a unique opportunity for someone who wants to join an exciting a growing Biotech company and be given the opportunity to lead a small, passionate team of Bioinformaticians & Lab Automation Engineers. You can expect a competitive salary as well as fantastic benefits package: pension, health insurance, vouchers & more.
If you’re interested or would like some more information, then please contact Jack Lacy via: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121,616,3467 for a confidential call.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: OXIGL_1557502093
Broadcast As: 3048
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Genomics
Recruitment Consultant: Jack Lacy