Graduate Translational Biostatistician
An innovative Biotech internationally renowned for its pioneering research in personalised immune-based cancer therapies has a new opening for a junior Biostatistician to join their thriving translational science team. This opportunity is suitable for applicants with a relevant PhD or MSc degree who are genuinely excited about working on ground breaking research projects for novel personalised cancer therapies.
The Translational Science team is responsible for providing statistical support to the company and gaining actionable insight from clinical trial data.
-Perform robust statistical analysis, modelling and data integration of a wide variety of biological data sets to evaluate existing hypothesis and help guide the translational direction/decisions
-Communicating ideas from analysis results to other departs across the company
The ideal candidate will have:
– A good PhD or MSc degree in a numerate discipline such as Biostatistics, Statistics, Systems Biology, Mathematical Biology, Physics etc.
– In depth knowledge of statistical concepts and theory, an understanding of Bayesian methodology would be advantageous
– Experience working with clinical trial data (or in a clinical trial environment) is ideal, but not necessary
– Demonstrable experience in handling, modelling and drawing inference from large volumes of heterogeneous biological datasets eg. genomic, transcriptomic, proteomic data etc.
– Solid programming skills using R and Python
– Excellent communication skills, and the ability to confidently convey complex statistical ideas to non-informaticians
– A passion for contributing to the technical development of novel cancer therapies
This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the leading experts in the field, contributing to cutting edge research into immune-oncology therapies. To apply, send across a copy of your cv to email@example.com, or call Emilie on 0121 616 3477 for an informal chat.
Key words: Immunology, Immuno-Oncology, Biostatistics, Statistics, Systems Biology, Clinical trials, Neo-Antigens, Data Analysis, Statistician, Systems Biologist, Computational Modeling
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: Gradtransbio_1561390705
Broadcast As: 2731
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Emilie Francis