A growing scientific publishing company in London has a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Scientific Editor to join their biomedical journal as Deputy Managing Editor.
Reporting into the Managing Editor, the Deputy Managing Editor will direct and oversee the editing and publication of their biomedical journal.
The Deputy Managing Editor will be:
– You will be responsible for leading a team of 3-4 first and/or final readers including evaluating the output, providing feedback and preparing progress reports.
– Performing first/ second edit of articles ensuring the production of well written and consistent articles.
– Ensuring team members are adequately trained, mentored and coached to the required standard.
– Checking factual content and where necessary raising queries with the Managing Editor.
– Confirming potential problems with plagiarism, animal ethics, patient consent and figure manipulation and alerting the Senior Executive Editor.
– Acting as final arbiter of production values for the journal including overseeing consistency with the in-house style.
To be considered for this fantastic editorial role you should have a BSc in biological/ biomedical sciences (ideally PhD) and have previous scientific/ medical publishing experience. You will have final reading experience and the ability to demonstrate how to manage a team. The company are happy to receive applications from candidates ready to take the step up into this role.
If successful, you will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits package including pension scheme, 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), 35 hour working week, flexi-hours, cycle to work scheme and weekly fresh fruits. They also offer one day a week working from home (after probation).
Keywords: biomedical, biomedicine, science, scientific, senior editorial assistant, editorial, editor, editorial manager, medical editor, scientific editor, senior editor, London, scientific, biomedical, publishing, copyeditor, proofreader, editing.
Job Reference: JG/ DME- BS_1573574123
Broadcast As: 542
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Healthcare Communications
Job Specialism: Editorial
Recruitment Consultant: Jessica Guyon