Data Review Manager
Genomics, London, Permanent
Paramount are working in partnership with Genomics England to expand their team. To build on the success of the recently completed 100,000 Genomes Project the Government tasked NHS England with support from Genomics England to launch a new NHS Genomic Medicine Service. Through 7 Genomic Laboratory Hubs this offers equitable access to the 55 million people in England to the latest genomic medicine and research which will lead to faster diagnosis and personalised medicine.
Currently their GeCIP team are looking for a Data Review Manager to join them on a permanent basis.
As a Data Review Manager you’ll be responsible for processing and evaluating all requests to move data in and out of the Genomics England Research Environment (via the “Airlock”) and to develop and maintain all related policies and processes to ensure that they abide by the appropriate data governance.
Your main responsibilities as a Data Review Manager will be:
– Taking overall responsibility and oversight of Airlock processes, including data governance, covering all assessment criteria mandated by the Genomics England Airlock Policy
– Training the Airlock Authorising Committee in designated processes and ensure dedicated reviewers are allocated to check each component of Airlock
– Bringing and keeping the technology and infrastructure of the Airlock system aligned with all the assessment criteria mandated by the Genomics England Airlock Policy and evolving business needs
– Ensuring effective collaboration between all teams and individuals involved in the airlock and related processes, including all parts of Genomics England and external suppliers, partners and users as appropriate
– Proactively managing risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies, ensuring that these are identified, mitigated or escalated as necessary to achieve key objectives and to ensure policy compliance
– Identifying opportunities for streamlining/automating the process and manage via the existing change control process within Genomics England
Providing reporting on usage and risks at an agreed frequency and produce materials for senior managers and teams overseeing the Research Environment and / or data governance at Genomics England
– Working with the GeCIP Membership and Communications Coordinator to develop and implement a communications plan to engage key stakeholders within and outside of Genomics England in defining and ensuring the appropriate function of the Airlock
The ideal Data Review Manager will fulfil the following criteria:
*Proven ability to train others and effectively communicate with users and other stakeholders
*Solid awareness of genomic medicine and research and good understanding of types of research outputs in particular
*Ability to analyse information and present it in a clear, concise way to scientific and corporate audiences
*Ability to work proactively across functions and teams to execute goals and set and meet milestones
*Meticulous attention to detail
*Strong organisational, time management and planning skills
*Ability to work independently under pressure without compromising the quality of work
*Excellent written and interpersonal skills
*Competent use of standard MS Office applications
Genomics England works with key partners to collect, transport, store, quality check and sequence the samples from participants. They are working with the NHS to launch the world’s first Genomic Medicine Service. Patients will have access to personalised treatment when there was no option for them before.
In return you will receive a competitive salary and the opportunity to make a real difference and contribute to the project at its most exciting phase. If you’d like to know more about the position and apply, please feel free to contact Anna with an up-to-date CV (email@example.com or +44 (0) 121 616 3469).
Keywords: Bioinformatics, Cancer, Genomics, Genetics, Research, Data, Data Review, stakeholder, management, personalised medicine, risks, infrastructure, NGS, Next Generation Sequencing, London, permanent, UK
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: AL1005DataReview_1557495817
Broadcast As: 26629
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Genomics
Recruitment Consultant: Anna Lauterjung