Data Engineer / Data Scientist required by global pharmaceutical organisation based in Welwyn Garden City for a 12 month contract with the possibility of being extended. You will be joining a new Safety Risk Management team responsible for championing the use of innovative tools and data sources to facilitate data access, acquisition and utilisation.
The Data Engineer will be responsible for understanding business and scientific data needs and providing them with the right data to facilitate the processing of adverse event and other safety information. The Data Engineer will also be responsible for the acquisition of internal and external data to ensure regulatory compliance and enable process and scientific insights.
You will need:-
– 4 years experience as a Data Engineer / Data Scientist working in a global, complex, regulated organisation.
– Experience related to Medical / Health Data Analytics / Data Science and Pharma.
– Any experience with Machine Learning would be highly beneficial.
– Proficiency with SQL in an RDBMS and data warehousing
– Knowledge of Python and R or other scripting languages
– Experience with Big Data technologies e.g Hadoop, Spark, Hive etc
– Experience with Data Pipeline technologies such as Apache Airflow, Apache Beam or Luigi would be beneficial but not essential.
If this opportunity sounds of interest, then please submit your CV to arrange an initial telephone conversation.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: Km/de_1560852850
Broadcast As: 190
Salary Currency: GBP
Salary From: 38
Salary To: 56
Salary per: Hourly
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Contract
Job Industry: Pharmaceutical
Job Specialism: Data Science
Recruitment Consultant: Kerry McDaid