Data Engineer – Oxford
A new opportunity has just become available for a Data Engineer to join a growing Scientific company, based in Oxford. Working as part of a growing, agile team, you’ll be using your strong technical knowledge in Python, Databases and cloud technologies, to work on greenfield projects, building robust pipelines for extracting/transforming data sets.
This is a fantastic and very unique opportunity, for a Data Engineer to apply their technical skills, into an area which is making a real world difference in the field of Drug design/discovery. As well as working on greenfield projects, the work you do will also have a very large impact & influence on the overall design of the data architecture.
– Design and implementation of automated data processing pipelines.
– Deliver robust, extensible and maintainable software.
– Work with minimal supervision on the full software project lifecycle, from requirements capture to planning and execution.
– Provide mentorship to more junior members of the team.
Requirements for the successful Data Engineer:
– A BSc MSc, or PhD in Computer Science/Mathematics/Physics/Engineering or a related field.
– Proven analytical and programming skills in Python (Familiarity with numpy, pandas desirable).
-Strong knowledge of database systems: relational/non-relational, SQL syntax, schema design and query optimisation.
– Excellent track record of developing and implementing data pipelines, ideally using cloud based technologies.
Beneficial skills and experience
– Experience with cloud infrastructure platforms such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
– Background using workflow orchestration systems such as Airflow/Luigi.
– Experience with containerization and container orchestration such as Docker and Kubernetes.
– Experience with continuous integration (CI) and deployment frameworks: Jenkins/Travis.
– Experience with machine learning (ML) and major machine learning frameworks such as scikit-learn and Pytorch.
– Experience using algorithms and data structures.
– Experience with other programming languages (C++/Java/Scala).
On offer fort the successful Data Engineer is a very competitive salary and benefits package. You will also be working in a stimulating and fast paced environment, among a group of innovative/passionate Developers/Scientists.
If you’re interested in this position or have any questions, then please don’t hesitate to get in touch with Jack Lacy via email@example.com or call: 0121,616,3467 for a confidential call.
Data, Engineer, DevOps, Cloud, Infrastructure, Data Engineer, Python, AWS, Cloud Architecture, Pipeline, Data Pipeline, ML, Machine Learning, Programming, Numpy, Pandas, Database, Databases, SQL, Non-relational, relational, Oxford, Jobs in IT, Oxfordshire, Jobs in IT Support, Careers, Drugs, Drug Design, Drug Discovery, Biotech, Chemistry, Life Science, Scientific, Jobs in Science, Life Science Jobs.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: DEOXJL_1557739646
Broadcast As: 3048
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Jack Lacy