Bioinformatics Data Scientist
A world leader in innovative approaches to drug discovery, and global pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge is currently recruiting for an experience Data Scientist to join their thriving bioinformatics team. This role would be responsible for providing expert statistical guidance to support across multi-disciplinary teams throughout the drug discovery, pre-clinical and clinical pipeline.
The ideal candidate would be highly technical with expertise in either mathematical modelling, predictive analytics or machine learning as applied to complex biological data sets.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A PhD or MSc in a numerate discipline eg, Mathematical Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Statistics, Machine Learning etc.
– Demonstrable knowledge of a range of statistical techniques eg, Bayesian Statistics, Probabilistic Programming and graphical models
– Strong knowledge of a variety of machine learning methods
– Strong coding skills, proficient in R or Python
– Previous experience working with complex biological or ‘omic’s datasets, eg. Proteomics, Genomics, Transcriptomics
– Previous experience of identifying targets or biomarkers from genomics data would be advantageous, but not an essential requirement!
– Friendly, approachable nature, and someone that enjoys a sociable, team environment!
Primary responsibilities may include:
– Developing and implementing novel analytic approaches to analyse diverse multi-layered omics data to identify novel drug targets and biomarkers
– Develop predictive models using mathematical, machine learning, AI or statistical approaches for biomarker development and patient stratification
– Integration and meta-analysis of public and proprietary data sets to generate testable hypothesis
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Bioinformatics Data Scientist/Mathematical Modeller who loves the challenge of developing innovative approaches to analyse complex, multi-layered biological data. This company is making huge advancements in the field of cancer and neurology, and this position would have a huge impact on the lives of real patients. For more info, send your CV to email@example.com, or call Emilie for an informal chat on 0121 616 3477.
Key words: Oncology, Cancer, Tumour, Genomics, NGS, Bioinformatics, Bioinformatician, Mathematical Modeller, Systems Biology, Machine Learning, Drug Targets, AI, Data Scientist, Cambridge, Biotech, Pharma
Job Reference: DSBIOINXCB_1580403168
Broadcast As: 2731
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Emilie Francis