Bioinformatician – Human Genetics
A world leader in innovative approaches to drug discovery, and global pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge is currently recruiting for an experienced Bioinformatician/Statistical Geneticist to join their thriving bioinformatics team, focussed on neurodegenerative drug discovery and development projects.
This role will be responsible for obtaining novel disease biology insights from multiple datasets in order to inform patient stratification and selection for clinical trials. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic Bioinformatician or Statistical Geneticist with experience working on WGS, GWAS or other functional genomic data.
The ideal candidate will have:
– A PhD in Statistical Genetics, Population Genetics, Human Genetics, Bioinformatics or a related discipline
– Expertise analysing and interpreting GWAS data
– Strong coding skills, proficient in R or Python
– Experience working with single-cell RNA seq or spatial transcriptomics would be desirable
– An understanding/interest in neurological disorders, rare diseases or oncology
– Fantastic communication skills, and ability to work in a cross-functional environment
– Friendly, approachable nature, and someone that enjoys a sociable, team environment!
Primary responsibilities may include:
– Mining and analysis of genomic and phenotypic data to enable prioritisation od target-disease associations/pathways, novel target evaluation and biomarker identification
– Developing and implementing computational methods to integrate genetics, genomics and biology data, such as GWAS, eQTL, RNA/sc RNA-seq and Hi-C data.
– Working closely with cross-functional teams, supporting them in the identification of relevant datasets, methodologies and implementing analytical solutions
– Evaluation and development of cutting edge technologies in the area of statistical genetics (eg, mendelian randomisation, fine mapping, co-localisation)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented Bioinformatician or experienced Statistical Geneticist who loves working in a collaborative, multi-functional team to support cutting edge discoveries in CNS and Oncology drug research and development.
This company is making huge advancements in the field of cancer and neurology, and this position would have a huge impact on the lives of real patients. For more info, send your CV to email@example.com, or call Emilie for an informal chat on 0121 616 3477.
Key words: CNS, Neurodegenerative disease, Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Drug discovery, Statistical Genetics, Population Genetics, Human Genetics, Functional Genomics, GWAS, WGS, Whole genome, target identification, Patient Stratification, Cambridge, Oncology
Job Reference: BioinfxSGCB_1580829399
Broadcast As: 2731
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Recruitment Consultant: Emilie Francis