Bioinformatician – Data Scientist – Hamburg – Oncology – Personalised Medicine
A global oncology company for personal medicine is looking for a Bioinformatician/ Data Science. The successful candidate will be part of a team that creates the foundation for a modern data-driven cancer research and enables new future perspectives in patient care. They will work on joint initiatives, but will also be responsible for the implementation of their own projects.
* Implementation of a continuous screening procedure for new diagnostic markers and drug targets in a large-scale multi-OMICS database.
* Definition and implementation of novel concepts for molecular classification of cancer patients.
* Implementation of workflows for statistical analysis of high dimensional molecular data sets.
* Handling of scientific customer requests for specific data mining and analysis tasks.
* Adaption of modern cloud computing concepts to bioinformatics applications.
* Contribution to the implementation of a continuous integration and delivery (CI/CD) pipeline for bioinformatics workflows.
* University degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, data science, biostatistics, etc.
* Deep knowledge of state-of-the-art programming languages in bioinformatics (Python, R, etc.) and with Linux environments.
* Sound knowledge of the assays and data analysis of high throughput OMICS methodology, either in the field of next generation sequencing or mass spectrometry.
* Basic knowledge of cancer biology.
* Experience with modern software development paradigms and tools.
* Strong communication skills and a high sense of responsibility.
* Experience with interdisciplinary teams.
* Very good knowledge of the English language, German is a plus.
The companies service and product range offers translational and clinical research, as well as molecular diagnostics tailored to the customer’s needs. The flat organisational structure allows for quick decisions to be made and also offers the chance for creative freedom.
The successful candidate will be offered a competitive starting salary and benefits, such as continuous training, sports memberships, flexible working hours and an attractive pension scheme.
If you are interested, please contact me on +44 121 6163 404 for more information or contact me via e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see the website for details or send your CV in, to find out the latest opportunities.
Bioinformatician, Oncology, Analytics, Statistics, Cloud Computing, Hamburg
Job Reference: SD/BI/DS/HB_1582548606
Broadcast As: 155248
Salary To: Negotiable
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Specialism: Bioinformatics
Recruitment Consultant: Sophia Dreier