Assay Development Research Associate- Cambridge
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assay Development Research Associate to join a leading and expanding life sciences company based in Cambridge. As an organisation they are developing a cutting-edge technology for a strong therapeutic product pipeline within oncology and inflammatory diseases.
As a Research Associate you will be carrying out assay experiments in order to identify and characterise drug candidates that bind to a target protein for a wide range of therapeutic targets, as well as supporting the path to clinic by conducting validation studies. You will be part of a growing Assay Biology Team and there is plenty of opportunity for progression in the future.
* Perform immunoassays, such as ELISA, competitive ELISA to support the project teams
* Perform enzymatic assays such as protease inhibition assays and functional cell assays (e.g. survival, proliferation, apoptosis, cytokine secretion, cell signalling)
* Perform cell binding assay screening by Flow cytometry or Mirrorball®
* Run assays including sandwich ELISA, receptor binding and cell-based activity assays to investigate/characterise target-based binding
* Support the cell line development by performing routine Maxiprep and maintaining cell lines
* Maintain primary, transient or stable mammalian cell lines
* Maintain stock of the products needed for the work performed in the team, control the stock product and order the product if necessary.
* Maintain current and accurate laboratory records
* A BSc or MSc in a biological discipline, ideally with some focus in cell biology, immunology or molecular biology
* Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to learn to interpret complex data
* Experience of maintaining transient or stable mammalian cell lines
* Experience in immunoassays
*Additional experience of working with and developing assays for therapeutic protein scaffolds or antibodies would be ideal but isn’t essential
This is a superb opportunity to join a leading therapeutics company and in return they are offering a competitive salary and benefits package. For further information on this fantastic opportunity please contact myself, Lauren Gripton, at Paramount Recruitment, on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Paramount Recruitment Limited provides services as an agency and an employment business. We regularly have similar roles in this area. Please see our website for details or send your CV in to us to find out the latest opportunities.
Job Reference: Lg342554_1542379168
Salary Currency: GBP
Salary per: Annum
Job Type: Full Time
Job Term: Permanent
Job Industry: Biotech
Job Specialism: Science R and D
Recruitment Consultant: Assay Development Research Associate- Cambridge