1 week ago
Baden-Württemberg Pension, bonus, healthcare Permanent
Job Reference: SER/DHS_1613466539
Health Data Steward - South Germany
We are working exclusively with a client who develop breakthrough therapies and innovative health care solutions in areas of unmet medical needs, for both humans and animals. Our client is a family-owned company who Employs over 50,00 people worldwide.
If you are interested in an exciting challenge coupled with innovation, passion for Data Science and a desire to bring real benefits to human health then keep reading!
We have an opportunity where you can be part of a team, and assist with their aim to integrate large external multimodal healthcare datasets into a secure data foundation to identify novel biological mechanisms in disease.
Tasks & Responsibilities
* As a Data Steward, you represent a fundamental role in the execution of our data-driven innovation strategy ensuring long-term value of data assets according to FAIR principles.
* You manage the implementation of a data foundation in close collaboration with IT-teams and business subject matter experts.
* By engaging with external owners of large healthcare datasets, you define, curate and ingest data into a data foundation.
* Whilst building cross-functional linking and alignment of data concepts, vocabularies and taxonomies you ensure a seamless connection of data from different domains.
* You also actively contribute to a community of data stewards across the business to drive the adherence of general data governance guidelines and principles as well as the alignment of terminologies.
* In addition to the tasks above, you manage and facilitate access to relevant data with internal groups.
* PhD in biology, chemistry, pharmacy bioinformatics, information sciences or a related field. Alternatively completed Master studies with several years of professional experience
* Expertise in leading digital projects with several team members
* In-depth understanding of data domains that are relevant for pre-clinical and clinical drug discovery and development, including Real-world evidence
* Experience and understanding of data integration and management concepts such as semantic data integration, data modelling (e.g. with ontologies and taxonomies), knowledge graphs & FAIR principles
* Familiarity with Semantic Web technologies such as RDF, SPARQL, OWL, SKOS as well as Knowledge concerning IT data infrastructure concepts like data lake, data warehouses or graph data bases
* Excellent communication, moderation and intercultural skills as well as the ability to convince an audience of a desired strategy
This is an exciting and challenging, strategic role which will require someone with strong interpersonal skills. Our client is offering a competitive package, with excellent benefits which include a relocation allowance, plus bonus, health care a pension and many more.
For more information on this role, and to discuss the benefits on offer, please call me on
t: +44 (0)121 616 3404 | m: +44 (0)7985 635091 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keywords: Data, Engineer, Management, Analysis, Visualisation, Bioinformatics, Genomic, Discovery, Data, Lake, Graphs, Domains, Database, Semantic, Pharma, Governance, SQL, Python, Germany.
4 days ago
Cambridgeshire Competitive Permanent