1 month ago
Vienna Pension, bonus, healthcare Permanent
Job Reference: SD/SER_1621003915
Director Computational Biology - Cancer Research! Austria!
We are working this role exclusively for a client who develops breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical needs for both humans and animals. They focus on long-term performance.
They have an exciting opportunity for a Scientific Director Computational Biology Cancer Research in Vienna, Austria. As a Scientific Director you will report directly to the Head of the Computational Biology department in Vienna and will utilise profound knowledge of biomedical data science and bioinformatics with the aim of bringing new breakthrough treatments to cancer patients. The Scientific Director leads a group of dedicated computational scientists who work in close collaboration with colleagues in Cancer Research and the GCBDS data infrastructure team.
Tasks & responsibilities
* You will be shaping the cancer research portfolio, together with biology leaders and other stakeholders
* You will set scientific priorities in the area of computational biology and thereby convert data into insights
* Your focus will be to build and manage a group of about 15 computational biologists, while constantly driving the development of your group and team members
* Together with your team you are driving projects focusing on the discovery of innovative drug targets, biomarkers, and drug combination strategies for the treatment of solid tumors
* You will also establish impactful external collaborations with academic partners and CROs
* PhD degree with deep experience in computational biology and cancer research
* Proven track record of driving complex computational analysis in Life Sciences
* Experience in drug discovery including managerial responsibilities, ideally in an industrial setting, alternatively in academia with significant liaison with pharma
* Strong leadership, presentation and communication skills
In addition to an attractive salary and relocation allowance they also offer other benefits such as;
* Position specific training opportunities for your personal and professional growth
* Comprehensive health promotion, sustaining your health in the best possible way
* Additional off-days (bridge-days) for more leisure time
* Company pension scheme, because your future matters
* Staff restaurant with a variety of lunch options for your daily well-being
This is an exciting and challenging, strategic role which will require someone with strong interpersonal skills.
For more information on this role, and to discuss the benefits on offer, please call me on
t: +44 (0)121 616 3404 | m: +44 (0)7985 635091 or Email email@example.com
Keywords: Data, Engineer, Management, Analysis, Visualisation, Bioinformatics, Genomics, Discovery, Data, Lake, Graphs, Domains, Database, Semantic, Pharmaceuticals, Governance, SQL, Python, Germany, Computational Biologist, Oncology, Leader, Associate Director, Research, Drug Discovery.