Project Leader/ Service Owner - Scientific Computing & Data Integration
South of France
Paramount Recruitment are working in partnership with a leading player in the drug discovery field who are looking to recruit a Project Leader to join their team to lead a global scientific data management project. The successful applicant will be leading an internal project for the implementation of an informatics solution for the entire company, to be used to share, visualise and analyse scientific data both internally and for their partners.
Once the project is successfully completed, there will be an opportunity for the candidate to become the Service Owner of the delivered product to the internal drug discovery team, as well as to clients externally where the data can be adapted to suit their bespoke needs.
This company have been established for almost 30 years and has leading scientists, state-of-the-art technologies as well as key therapeutic expertise in neuroscience, immunology, metabolic diseases, oncology and infectious diseases. The company intends to develop best-in-class and first-in-class differentiated therapeutics and has long standing relationships with many of the world's top 20 pharmaceutical companies. They operate worldwide but have their HQ in Europe along with more than 5 offices and 3000 employees.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Work closely with scientists, project leaders, data consumers, data analysts and data scientists internally to establish and develop the requirements of the informatics data solution platform
* Collaborate with Integrated Drug Discovery, Research Informatics & I.T. to design the solution and allow for efficient data access for partners and clients
* Lead the implementation of the solution
* Maintain clear communication with key stakeholders within the company throughout the successful delivery of the project objectives
* Contribute to establishing a new data governance and support model for the new platform implemented by the project, to ensure continued focus on data quality, traceability and the evolution of the platform itself
* Contribute to the company's data standards, metadata and ontologies
* Implement data curation, cleansing and quality control processes as part of the solution
Experience and attributes:
* PhD or MSc in a relevant discipline, such as Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science or Engineering
* Extensive experience in Life Science I.T. or Informatics, including project management experience
* A project management qualification, such as Prince2 or PMP, would be desirable but is not essential
* Knowledge of Scientific Data Management and Computer Sciences
* Application of Good Data management, Data Integration and Governance practices
* Direct usage of relational and non-relational databases
* Definition of setup of Master Data Management, Data Standards, Ontologies and application of FAIR data principles
* Client-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication
Please don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply to this advert for more information on this fantastic opportunity!
Keywords: Project Leader, Service Owner, Data Integration, Data Curation, Computer Science, Informatics, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Drug Discovery, Oxford, Biotech, Pharmaceutical, CRO