1 month ago
Toulouse Competitive Permanent
Job Reference: JPDM2408_1629799698
Scientific Data Manager - Chemistry or Biology
UK, France or Italy
2 days home working offered
Permanent - Full Time
Paramount Recruitment is currently supporting the build of a new global informatics solution for one of our successful drug discovery clients. The central data warehouse is at very early stages and we are looking for a talented team of Data Engineers and Data Managers to take this to the next level. This team will partner with key scientists within the business and external partners. The aim is to share, visualize and analyse more scientific project data (chemistry, omics, biology, DMPK, pre-clinical & clinical data).
This position is flexible to be based in France, Italy or the UK with some home working flexibility on offer. We would love to speak to a Data Manager with a Chemistry or Biology background who is able to work efficiently with multiple teams.
This is a crucial project for the business and it will be visible to the whole company as they become data-centric. This is a really exciting initiative to be a part of and a chance to support the evolution of the platform by contributing new ideas and designs.
As a Data Manager, you will have a key role in supporting drug discovery and development scientific projects with external partners.
Collect requirements for project data chamber from clients and project team and stakeholders
According to the needs, ingest partner's data and/or public data to the platform at the beginning and during the partnership execution
Ensure data quality and consistent curation
Ensure data security and confidentiality
Wherever possible, apply metadata and clean data at ingestion time
Promote best data management practices (controlled vocabulary, reference ontologies, data standard in the industry)
- PhD, MSc or equivalent degree, in Chemistry, Biology, Computer Sciences or Engineering
- Background in either IT, bioinformatics, computer sciences or sciences with strong data manipulation capacities
- Application of Good Data management, Data integration practices
- Direct usage of relational and non-relational databases
- Application of FAIR data principles (ideal)
- Definition and setup of Master Data Management, Data Standards / Semantic, Ontologies
- Knowledge in statistics and data analytics
- Experience with data visualisation tools
- Coding in scripting languages
Please don't hesitate to reach out to us to discuss this in more detail!
Keywords: Data Manager, Biology, Chemistry, Drug Discovery, Omics, DMPK, Clinical, France, Italy, UK, Informatics, Computer Science, Bioinformatics