Software developer / tester – Cambridge
This international biotech aims to transform the lives of cancer patients and their families through the development of precision treatments and ground-breaking liquid biopsy technologies. This is a great opportunity for a software developer and tester to grow and progress within this expanding company.
This role with work closely with the pipeline and software development teams, designing, testing, developing new features to improve the company’s software. You will be carrying out all levels of testing (Unit, system, integration, and regression).
- Understand and translate software requirements and specifications into software applications units or components.
- Design, Test, Develop, implement new features, and strengthen the company software infrastructure, including data security and database management.
- Able to carry out all levels of testing (Unit, System, Integration, and Regression).
- Design, develop, improve, and manage automated software testing environments.
- Contribute and maintain verification and validation reports, documenting the outcomes of software testing activities.
- Contribute to risk management activities associated with the Software Development process.
- Provide regular feedback on software development and test progress, including providing metrics on development timelines, test execution, quantity and severity of software defects and other relevant information.
Ideally you will have;
- Master’s degree or graduate degree in computer sciences or related field
- Industry experience in software development (Python experience)
- Work experience in a highly regulated environment
- Need to have experience with Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, and System Validation
- Experience with Python frameworks eg Django
- Prior knowledge and experience adhering to Software Development Life Cycle processes
- Experience working with a RDBMS (Desired MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- It is desirable to have experience working in Linux/Unix environment
- Knowledge of defect tracking and test case management tools (eg Jira, Bugzilla etc.)
This company is dynamic and innovative and focused on the development of new ground-breaking technologies in a fast-paced and international setting. They are offering a competitive salary, private healthcare, generous bonus and pension scheme.
If you would like to apply or hear more about this opportunity, please do not hesitate to contact me either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0121 6163455.
Furthermore, if you are interested in hearing about other roles within the Bioinformatics and Genomics industry, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.
Keywords: Software tester / Software developer / Tester / Developer / testing / Python / computer science / unit testing / linux / unix / Djano/ Pipeline Developer / software developer / pipelines / jira / Bugzilla / Cambridge.