Software Developer - Java
Oxford - Hybrid working
*Must have full right to work in UK*
This is a fantastic opportunity for a motivated individual to take the next step in their career by joining a well-established leading provider of clinical research and diagnostics solutions. This team in Oxford are looking for a Software Developer with a strong passion to join their growing team.
This company develop products to aid in the development of genetic-based medicine, allowing clinicians and doctors to make the right treatment decisions for patients. This is a unique opportunity as no previous experience within the life sciences is required.
The position will report to the Head of Software and be an integral part of the Computational Biology team. Developing the software tools that allow them to make a difference in the lives of patients with serious diseases. There will also be an opportunity to engage with external customers regarding their product offerings.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Developing software tools for internal and external customers
- Observing all required steps of software release cycle including testing
- Contributing to the optimisation of data analysis, through working closely with the computational biology team.
- Investigation of performance enhancements for the companies software.
- Liaising with external customers - regarding training and technical advice.
Ideally you will have:
- Computer Science Degree BSc or MSc, plus post study work experience
- Strong Java experience
- Ideally you'll have experience with frameworks like Hibernate and Spring.
- Experience working in cloud environments such as AWS
- Experience with relational databases (SQL)
- Strong communication skills to work with external customers
If you are looking to establish a software development career within the life sciences this could be your next move! If you would like to find out if you could be a good fit for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Also if you are interested in hearing about other roles within Bioinformatics or Scientific Software development, please feel free to contact me for a confidential discussion.