This well known research institute are looking for a Bioinformatician with community outreach or customer facing experience to join them in promoting their brand new open science platform. This platform aims to curate, build and implement tools to improve equity in genomics.
This role will be the perfect chance to blend Bioinformatics and technical coding skills with customer facing and communication skills. You will be responsible for building relationship both internally and externally. This is a technical lead position and so you will need demonstratable experience in both areas. Key responsibilities
Ideally you will have:
- Be the technical and product lead on the open source tooling initiative
- Source and curate existing tools, software, handbooks by reviewing the literature, GitHub and websites
- Oversee standards, quality, version control and approvals for all tools, products and handbooks for the initiative
- Champion, support and advise on open source, open licensing, open APIs and best practice
- Set up mechanisms for supporting the development, maintenance, and adoption of open source solutions and practice
- Help make it easy for genomic, data, and healthcare organisations and institutions to implement reusable, open source solutions
- Work with internal contributors to publish and maintain code
- Develop a community of contributors and collaborators to work on, improve and adopt openly available solutions
- Represent the company in external networks, initiatives and communities advocating for open science and equity
- MSc / PhD or significant work experience within Bioinformatics / Computational Biology or relevant field
- Experience within Human Genomics
- Experienced Bioinformatician with an understanding of open-source standards, practices and culture in data science
- Experience in a commercial or customer facing Bioinformatics role
- Proficiency in Python and/or R
- Strong experience using GitHub
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills that can create opportunities and create solutions
- Comfortable organising and/or delivering courses, workshops or other training activities within the company.
If you would like to join this company in their mission to bring equity into genomic research do not hesitate to reach out to me at email@example.com Also please reach out if you are interested in discussing other roles within Bioinformatics and Genomics.
Keywords: Bioinformatics / Bioinformatician / Computational biology / Computational Biologist / Open source / Open science / GitHub / Open equity / Commercial / Lead / Manager / Python / Git / Relationship / Relationships / Diversity / Equity / London / Biotech / research institute / Pharma