3 year FTC
This is a great opportunity for a Bioinformatician to join the core Bioinformatics group at a leading research institute. In this role you will be focusing on the development of novel computational tools and pipelines for large scale annotation and analysis of genes. You will have the chance to work across a diverse range of species, this will include mammals, fish and plants.
Some of your responsibilities may include:
- Developing computational pipelines and software tools
- Leading the development of automated data analysis and visualisation tools
- Collaborate with computational scientists from institutions across the UK and abroad
- Mentoring of junior Bioinformaticians and interns
Ideally you will have:
- PhD or equivalent experience in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, or other relevant discipline
- Experience and interest in developing computational tools, pipelines and algorithms
- Proficient programming skills eg Python, R, and BASH scripting
- Proficiency with UNIX tools
- Experience with workflow management systems like snakemake, Cromwell
- Knowledge of methods for genome annotation and analysis
This role would be a great opportunity for a Bioinformatician who has recently graduated from their PhD to take on extra responsibilities and learning opportunities. If you are interested in finding out more about this role and if you could be a good fit, please reach out to Charlotte Beasley at email@example.com and arrange a time to speak.
Keywords bioinformatician / bioinformatics / computational biology / computational biologist / developer / python / r / coding / pipeline / graduate / data analysis / senior / software developer / development