Bioinformatician- Research Services
Hybrid Working- Cancer or Rare Disease- Research Support
I am working with a client in London who is looking for a Bioinformatician to join their Research Support team.
Their team of Bioinformaticians provide high calibre bioinformatics research support to external researchers and industrial partners. This position will act as a second line of support for users of the Research Environment and take responsibility for delivering the best outcome for users. The research support team is also responsible for the stewardship of genomic data and its effective flow through products into the various research products.
The role includes elements of a bioinformatician and data analyst, ensuring that their users have an excellent customer experience.
In this role, you'll be a super user of their datasets and research environment, advocating both internally and externally, while working with researchers from academia and industry to ensure their scientific projects are successful. You will support their users in working with their data and contribute to data generation, intake and extraction through airlocks.
- Extensive hands-on experience in analysis of large-scale genomic data using bioinformatics tools and pipelines.
- Competence in R, Python or similar language appropriate for large-scale genomics analysis.
- Experience with working in the cloud and familiarity with the services and benefits it brings.
- Demonstrable experience in using next generation sequencing data.
- Strong background in human disease genetics, preferably in cancer or rare disease, demonstrated by publication record or industry track record.
- Experience writing pipelines in WDL or Nextflow.
- Educated to MSc level (or higher), in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Statistical Genetics, or a related scientific discipline.
The company offer a great benefits package including generous holidays and an enhanced pension scheme.
Please get in touch with Sabrina to find out more about this role- email@example.com