Joining a very talented Agile team at a certain technical level, as the data team grows. Relying on data heavily, for our computational drug discovery, there is a wide variety and continuously growing number of data products. The Data Engineering team is responsible for hosting, updating, transforming, providing access to, and maintaining the integrity and quality of these. Working closely with the Software Engineering team in building applications for internal use, as well as with the Comp Bio team in the creation of and access to new data products. Currently moving from a more traditional, static data collection, to a modern cloud-based data platform using AWS services. As an AWS expert, you will play a key part in designing, building, and owning this process, as well as teaching both engineering teams and make them work more confidently and efficiently in AWS. Responsibilities
- Working with teams across the company to design, build, and deploy new data products to aid in drug discovery.
- Monitoring and maintaining the data platform.
- Helping with infrastructure deployment across the engineering teams and mentoring, coaching and passing on knowledge to the teams using AWS.
- Experience with a workflow management technology such as Airflow, Nextflow, Cromwell or SnakeMake
- Experience in cloud data lake/warehouse tech such as Glue, Athena, Spark, Redshift, or DynamoDB.
- Expert in Infrastructure as Code (IaC) deployment in AWS (CloudFormation, CDK, Sceptre, Terraform), using services such as S3, SQS, SNS, EC2, ECS, CloudWatch, RDS, Lambda.
- Comfortable with SQL and noSQL principles – proficient in e.g. mySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Elastisearch
- Confidence with Python for data science (pandas, datatable)
- Experience with graph databases beneficial – Neo4j, TypeDB
- Bioinformatics/Biotech background beneficial, but not essential
- MUST be based in London or able to commute 4 days per week!
- Team Spirit – You enjoy working to shared goals and helping others
- Honest, open, and authentic self
- Enjoys responsibility and ownership of tasks
- Pragmatic - interested in solving problems, not just technology
- Excellent communication, time management, and organisation skills
- Curious, with a desire and aptitude to learn new skills and contribute outside your direct role
- Interested in constantly improving efficiency and processes