Joining a relatively small agile team with a huge range of skills, you'd be working with the Data and AI teams to build and maintain the computational DD (drug discovery) platform. With a varied portfolio including Java in Kubernetes, data pipelines, and GUI apps. Working through the end-to-end product life cycle; Gathering, design, architecture, build, test, deploy, and support. Being involved in all aspects of software from day one, and pushed to learn and progress as far as you want to go.
Leading as the Python expert in the team, mentoring and guiding in best practice and patterns. Work will be interesting, exciting, and challenging – and you will be making a worthwhile impact on the treatment of important diseases. We believe that the best software is envisioned when the people building it are tightly integrated with their customer base, so you will also get the opportunity to learn core information around medicine and molecular biology along the way!You as a person
- Team focused – Working to shared goals, helping others, enjoy the environment and culture of a team.
- Taking ownership, enjoying the responsibilities.
- Interested in solving problems first, and being pragmatic about things.
- Excellent communication, time management, and organisation skills
- Keen eye for improving efficiency and processes
- Full-stack engineer experience, end-to-end cloud application designing and developing
- Python expert, and willing to pass on this knowledge... Be a keen polyglot and show confidence in other mainstream languages
- Solid knowledge of Infrastructure as Code on AWS cloud platform
- SQL and NoSQL databases experience
- Experience working with non-technical users - Shareholders, scientists and other members of the team