Principal Bioinformatics Scientist
*The company is offering flexible working options*
I am working with a biotech company in Cambridge who is looking for a Principal Bioinformatics Scientist to join their growing Bioinformatics team. The company focus on identifying and developing cancer treatments by exploiting targets within DNA damage response (DDR).
The Principal Bioinformatics Scientist will design, manage and execute analyses across a range of different projects, typically involving large-scale datasets ‘omics datasets, and ensure delivery of accurate results in a timely manner. They will have key leadership roles within the Bioinformatics and Omics Sciences team, driving strategies on capability build and adoption of innovative technologies and methods.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Project management and execution of analyses of key clinical and translational datasets.
- Supporting the Director of Bioinformatics and Omics Sciences in the delivery of key results packages and data summaries/visualisations to relevant stakeholders.
- Technical leadership of large-scale ‘omics and integrative analysis, including driving adoption of new technologies/methods/tools.
- Establishing strong relationships with key collaborators, vendors and CROs.
- Assume key leadership roles in the Bioinformatics and Omics Sciences team, including supervision, mentorship and coaching of other team members.
- Post graduate degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, statistics, data science, human genetics or any other relevant scientific discipline.
- Significant work experience in the oncology/cancer space.
- Significant skills and experience of analysis and interpretation of cancer ‘omics data (particularly genomics).
- Statistical programming, data manipulation, analysis and visualisation using R/Bioconductor/Shiny. Working in command line environments (Linux/UNIX).
- Ideally experience in an industrial (pharma/biotech) setting.
If you’re interested in finding out more about this role and company then please get in touch with Sabrina Deo at firstname.lastname@example.org