Operations- London- Research
I am working with a client in London who is looking for a Lead Bioinformatician to join their team of talented data scientists who work to provide support to their research partners.
This person is an experienced bioinformatician with strong competencies in genomic data analysis and research support. Through proactive collaborations and agile practices, the Lead position brings technical leadership and people management capacity within the chapter and across different teams.
Based on a solid understanding of Bioinformatics and challenges in large-scale whole genome analysis, as well as in building and using high-quality genomic data and analytical workflows, the Lead position directly contributes to the development of solutions and products that address the needs of our external and internal stakeholders
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Manage, supervise and coach/mentor direct reports and participate in hiring strategy across the chapter and the directorate.
- Develop datasets and workflows for high-throughput genome analysis and interpretation and lead code and workflow reviews.
- Lead complex custom genomic analyses, both as an individual contributor and by providing technical leadership.
- Stay at the cutting edge of bioinformatics and genomic research.
- Ensure that implemented solutions enable leading genomic research within our Research Environments across different user segments (from expert bioinformaticians to clinical researchers).
Experience and Qualifications:
- PhD or equivalent experience in academic or commercial settings
- Significant experience working in a research or technical field, including genomics and bioinformatics.
- Strong leadership and/or managerial skills with a proven track record in coaching/mentoring direct reports
- Highly proficient in at least R or Python, command line interface, and experience in wdl or nextflow workflow languages
- Track record of building research data products or state of the art analytical workflows for processing large scale WGS data
- Familiarity with genetic analyses involving complex loci (e.g. HLA), complex variants (SVs/CNVs), and relevant methods and tools
- Experience with large-scale data platforms used in genomics research
The company offer a great benefits package including generous holidays and an enhanced pension scheme.
Please get in touch with Sabrina to find out more about this role- email@example.com