Principal Drug Discovery Scientist – London
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Principal Drug Discovery Scientist to join a pioneering drug discovery company based in London. This is an office-based role and there’s great flexibility being offered with 2/3 days a week home-working.
As a Principal Drug Discovery Scientist, you will be responsible for discovering new targets for the companies exciting pipeline. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team to establish and manage screening cascades for testing and analysis of compounds from in-vitro and in-vivo studies. This is a strategic role where you will be able to influence strategy to validate new genetic targets.
- Work collaboratively with the chemists to define the strategy and screening cascade for internal Drug Discovery projects;
- Lead experimental design and data interpretation
- Identify appropriate outsourcing partners
- Project manage bioscience studies with outsourcing partners, monitoring studies to ensure quality and timely reporting;
- Interact with scientists in a multidisciplinary setting, including medicinal chemistry, DMPK, structural biology and toxicology
- Evaluate novel targets to assess level of validation, linkage to disease and feasibility of initiating new drug discovery projects.
- - Educated to PhD level in a relevant scientific discipline
- - 5+ years’ experience within the pharma or biotech industry
- - Experience of defining biology screening cascades for drug discovery targets.
- - Experience of methodology and data analysis for a broad range of in vitro assays (primary & cellular).
- - Experience in Oncology or Inflammation disease areas is desirable
- - Good understanding of the drug discovery process from target identification to candidate selection.
- - The ability to provide leadership and scientific direction to projects through collaboration and cross-functional interaction.
- - Experience of collaborating with external partners and / or outsourcing of studies
In return you can expect a competitive package with an attractive share options and bonus scheme. For more information please contact Lauren Gripton at Paramount Recruitment email@example.com
Keywords- drug discovery, small molecule, target discovery, target validation, pharmaceutical, pharma, biotech, oncology, immunology